I know all of you are very anxious to hear about this years youth trip. Just a warning, I learned soooo much, that it will take FOREVER to write it all out. Just a side note, we had a few nights where we were all praying for eachother… It was awesome. To start it off, I’m going to write out what I wrote in my Journal on friday.
8/8/08 Hammock in the chompa @ JJO! woot!
God has been teaching me soooooo much this week….
1. God can take care of His own people. He’s not going to let His followers get hurt.
2. If God isn’t worrying about the storm, than Maybe I shouldn’t be either.
3. I can’t controle anything beyond my own personal life.
4. I should be backing up any decision my friend makes, Even if I think it’s the wrong one.
5. Untill highschool is over doesn’t mean forever.
6. I love and am loved by so many people in my youth group.
7. God may ask me to go overseas before I do anything here.
8. I need to love people who God loves, even if they’re not my fave.
9. I can trust people. Yes, I might get hurt, but my choices should not be made based on what might happen.
10. God is sufficient. He is everything I need.
11. In every decision I make, I have a ton of people behind me. I am not alone.
12. I should always be praying for the un-reached people of the world. I may not ever go myself, but I can always give financial and prayer support.
13. Instead of asking “why” when a storm comes. I should be asking “what can I learn from this”
14. I am beautiful and unique in God.
15. I don’t always have to be the strong one.
16. Hammocks were made in heaven.
17. as was bug spray.
18. living without electricity for a week isn’t THAT hard.
19. bug spray is a great sub for nail polish remover.
20. a week without William(my cable nelson upright Grand piano) is ALMOST bearable.
21. the most beautiful sound in the world is the sound of the people you love praying for eachother.
Okay, so basically that’s a fraction of the stuff I learned at JJO. I had an awesome time getting to know the staff and the missionaries there…. Our youth group really united…. I had a few prayers answered… I had some really good food…. I really got to know some people who, a year ago, I would never have guessed I’d be getting to know. A fire got kindled in my soul for the unreached people around the world. I know how happy I am with Jesus. It gives me pain to hear about people who don’t have the joy of christ in their lives. They don’t even have the bible in their own language. That’s just plane old sad… heartbreaking really. I am in awe of what God did in my life and the lives of the others in the youth group, and I can’t wait to see what will happen in the coming months.
“God wen get so plenny love an aloha fo da peope inside da world, dat he wen send his one an ony boy. so dat everybody dat trus me, no get cut off from God, but get da real kine life dat stay to da max fo eva!” Jon 3:16 in hawaiian Pidgin
In awe of my saviour